Terms & Conditions
Please take the time to familiarise yourself with our terms and conditions prior to making a booking.
In this document the following words shall have the following meanings:
“the Customer” means the person, firm or company placing an order with the Company.
“Conditions” means the terms and conditions of sale and/or provision of goods and services set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing between the Company and the Customer.
“the Company” means Camper Vamper.
“Completion Date” means the date specified by the Company when the goods will be ready for delivery to the Customer and/or the specified services completed.
“Goods and Services” means the goods and services the subject matter of the quotation.
“Modification” means any requested or necessary change, alteration, addition, re-conditioning, or improvement of the Vehicle supplied by the Customer to the Company.
“Price” means the price for goods and services excluding VAT.
“Quotation” means an estimate of works necessary and costs for same in the provision of the goods and/or service requested by the Customer.
“Vehicle” means any mode of transport, bus, van, motorcar, carriage, and for the purposes of this document includes trailer.
- These Terms and Conditions apply to any provision of services, goods, or materials by the Company to the Customer.
QUOTATIONS & SERVICES
- All prices and works estimated and set out in a quotation are simply estimates only and may be subject to alteration.
- The Company reserves the right to alter and adjust the quotation where necessary in circumstances where the work and cost of materials required for the modification of the Vehicle has increased, and/or where the Customer requests different materials and/or additional modifications, and/or extra work is necessary to complete the modifications, goods and/or services quoted for.
- For the avoidance of doubt, any quotation or estimate is not an invitation to treat, and no contract exists between the Company and the Customer until such time an order is placed, and a non-refundable deposit is received by the Company.
- If a specific part or product is not available and is needed for the continuation of the project, a suitable alternative may be purchased, sometimes at an extra cost to the Customer.
- The Company accepts no responsibility and cannot be held liable for any extra work resulting from the discovery of previous poor repairs or age/rust related damage to the Vehicle. All discoveries will be notified to the Customer and priced accordingly. It is then up to the Customer to decide the course of action with the Vehicle.
- Any significant changes to the pricing of a project will be notified to the Customer and agreed by both the Company and the Customer before any further work is completed.
- The Customer is required to sign off on the proposed layout and specification, including colour choices, materials and any personalisation or alterations. This must be signed off on prior to the commencement of the build and will be the final project design which the Company will work off.
- Although the Company will offer advice and assistance throughout the project, the Customer is responsible for the final design choices. The Company accepts no responsibility for the appropriateness or accuracy of Customer final choices.
- Orders will be deemed to have been placed when an email confirmation has been received from, or on behalf of, the Customer and a non-refundable deposit has been received by the Company.
PAYMENT & PAYMENT AGREEMENTS
- To secure a build slot, a non-refundable deposit of €1,000 is required.
- 50% of the estimated build cost is required a minimum 3 weeks prior to the commencement of the build.
- A further 25% of this cost is due at the midway point of the build. The final 25% is due prior to collection. The final balance must be paid in full and have cleared in the Company’s account before the Vehicle can be taken away by the Customer.
- The Company accepts payments by way of Bank Transfer. Cleared funds must be received by the Company on or before the dates laid out in the payment agreement and/or invoice.
- The Company reserves the right to increase the agreed price in the event that the Customer requests a variation to the work agreed. The cost of any extras or additions will be invoiced separately and must be paid immediately by the Customer.
- The Company will not give credit to any Customer and all work is paid for in advance.
- If a project is cancelled by the Customer during the term of the contract, no refund on monies already paid will be given.
- If a project is cancelled by the Company as a result of unforeseen circumstances or un-reconcilable differences between the Company and the Customer, no refund will be given on monies already paid.
- If an instalment payment is missed or late, work will stop on the Vehicle and the Vehicle will be stored outside our workshop.
- If a Vehicle is not collected on the agreed completion date, the Vehicle will be stored outside our workshop and a storage charge of €100 per week shall apply as and from that date. Payment of this storage charge must be made in full by the Customer before the Vehicle can be collected.
- The Company reserves the right to recover any monies owed to us by way of sale of the Customer’s Vehicle or via legal action.
- Conversion contracts must be agreed and signed by the Customer in advance of project start date.
- Cancellations during the project will receive no refund of the funds already paid, including the booking deposit.
- Removal of the Vehicle from our premises by the Customer will mean the project is cancelled and any place in our queue for work has been lost.
- Cancellation during or before the project will mean that the Vehicle must be immediately removed from our premises at the Customers cost, after the settlement of any monies owed. The Vehicle will be removed from our workshop and stored outside at the Customer own risk. Storage charge of €100 per week shall apply.
- All invoices must be paid immediately upon presentation. Failure to do so will risk the project being terminated by the Company.
RIGHT TO SUBCONTRACT
- Unless otherwise agreed, the Company shall be entitled to sub-contract all or any part of the work, as required.
- The Customer must ensure that the Vehicle supplied to the Company for modification is delivered to the Company in a clean and tidy condition and is free of defect, mechanical or otherwise, save those identified to the Company prior to engagement.
- If the Vehicle is not delivered to the Company in clean condition and therefore requires cleaning prior to the build being able to commence, additional charges may be incurred by the Customer.
- The Customer should remove all personal possessions from the Vehicle prior to supply to the Company for modification. The Company holds no responsibility for any artefacts or personal belongings left in the Vehicle.
- The Company is not responsible for any mechanical defect that may occur with the Vehicle while in the care of the Company. The Company requests that the Customer delivers the Vehicle with adequate fuel in the tank (recommended half a tank) to avoid fuel issues. If the Vehicle runs out of fuel while in our care, we reserve the right to add fuel up to a quarter of a tank full and this charge will be passed on to the Customer.
- On arrival, the Vehicle will require a full external damage inspection prior to the commencement of any work.
- Proof of ownership, i.e., logbook, will also be required before the commencement of any work.
COMMENCEMENT & COMPLETION DATES
- The contract for services shall commence on the date of acknowledgement of the order by the Company. Works shall commence on the date specified by the Company. The Company will use its best endeavours to supply the services within the timeframe estimated. The Company shall not be responsible for delays caused by circumstances beyond its control and shall not be liable for any loss or damage caused to the Customer as a result of delays in completing the works. Any extra work will be advised by the Company and amendments will be made to the schedule.
- The Customer has no right to cancel or postpone any contract made under these terms and conditions after the Company has issued its order acknowledgement. If the Customer purports to cancel or postpone any contract (without prejudice to any other rights of the Company in connection with such purported cancellation or postponement) the Customer shall indemnify the Company for all costs, charges and expenses incurred by the Company, including loss of profit by reason of such cancellation or postponement.
- For all pop top installations (including those as a single service only and those as part of a full van conversion service), as these roofs are special order (i.e. van model specific, colour specific etc), once a downpayment has been received and an order has been placed, no refunds shall be provided to the Customer by the Company, should a Customer cancellation occur. In this event, the Customer will be required to pay all remaining costs and charges due on the roof to fullfil the order (not including labour/fitting charges) and the roof will then be the property of the Customer.
- The Company offers a 12-month warranty on conversion work carried out by the Company only. This warranty does not extend to parts, materials, or equipment not manufactured by the Company, in respect of which the Customer shall only be entitled to the benefit of any such warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer.
- This warranty excludes natural wood worktops, which require regular maintenance after installation. This warranty does not extend to any damage caused by weather such as wind or freezing. All pipe work should be drained down when not in use in cold climates.
- This warranty does not extend to any items provided by the client for the purpose of the build. In the event where the Customer is directly providing products to be used within the conversion, the Company agrees to install these items under the agreement that the Company shall not be held responsible for any defect and/or issue with these products during or after the build. Any product warranty for these items is between the Customer and manufacturer/supplier only. If any issues arise after the completion of the build that upon investigation are deemed due to fault or issue with the product provided by the client, then repair and labour charges will apply.
- This warranty is not applicable to Vehicles that have had a part refit, or a few items replaced.
- The Company, its servants, or agents, shall not be liable for any damage caused by unreasonable use of the Vehicle and equipment. Products and appliances purchased for the purposes of the modification will be covered by manufacturer’s warranty and the Company shall not be responsible for any fault with a product or appliance and/or any damage caused to the Vehicle by a product or appliance installed as part of the modification.
- Following the completion of work by the Company, if any further changes or modifications are made to or within the Vehicle, by the Customer or third party, that may affect the work previously completed by the Company, then the Company’s warranty is null and void.
- The Company reserves the right to investigate the circumstances of the conversion defects, as some defects occur as a result of poor maintenance, care and/or storage of the Vehicle or excessive use of abuse of the Vehicle, and to also use their discretion in granting work under warranty.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse warranty work if work carried out by others is seen to be sub-standard or the cause of the defects.
- Once the Vehicle is finished, the Company will carry out a pre-delivery inspection and walkthrough with the Customer to confirm everything is up to standard. The Customer will be required to sign off on this prior to taking the van.
RISK OF LOSS
- The risk of loss or damage to the Goods shall pass to the Customer upon delivery of the Goods.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- The Customer shall fully indemnify the Company against any liability to third parties arising out of the Customer’s use of the modified Vehicle.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, natural disaster, strikes, lock outs or other industrial action, civil riot, accidents, illness, disease, pandemic, war, fire, interference with ordinary means of transport and infrastructure, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
- Measurement of all hand-made items may vary slightly from those stated. The works carried out are bespoke and due to the nature of materials (such as wood, paint etc.), slight imperfections along with colour and grain variations between individual pieces might occur.
- The Customer must maintain their own insurance policy for the duration of their Vehicle being under the Company’s control.
- The Company will not be liable for any loss of property or Vehicle costs in the event of theft or damage.
- Camper Vamper Ltd is a fully insured business, however, the Customer is notified that Vehicles are left with the Company at their own risk.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Ireland.